The mission of the ASEE Chemical Engineering Division is to build and maintain a community network to inspire and support advances in chemical engineering education, outreach and industrial practice.
Welcome to the ASEE Chemical Engineering Division’s website! The Chemical Engineering Division (ChED) is a home for those engaged in educating chemical engineers who seek to pursue new, effective approaches to teaching and to conduct research in chemical engineering pedagogy. We exist as a Division to learn from, to support, and to advise each other by bring together a wide range of ideas, experiences, capabilities, and backgrounds unified by a commitment to teaching chemical engineering effectively.
We exist as a Division to learn from, to support, and to advise each other by bring together a wide range of ideas, experiences, capabilities, and backgrounds unified by a commitment to teaching chemical engineering effectively.
As the current Chair of the ChED, I would like to invite you to engage with us not only through this website but also in person at our Annual Meeting. We seek to recognize outstanding work amongst our colleagues through a robust awards program. And our journal Chemical Engineering Education is a premier discipline-based engineering education journal that, along with our Conference Proceedings, has global impact in disseminating effective and efficient approaches to our work.
All of your ChED officers serve because we want to engage with you and help bring chemical engineering educators together. If you have a connection to chemical engineering as an undergraduate or graduate student, as a faculty member, or an industrial practitioner, you have a place with us!
Feel free to reach out to me if you’d like to learn more about the ASEE ChED.
– David Silverstein, Chair
Membership in the Chemical Engineering Division (ChED) comes with many great benefits. Find out more on the Join ChED! page.
- Network, build collaborations, and learn from other (friendly, awesome) ChE educators
- See top of the line research
- Be inspired and brainstorm new ideas
- Gain new perspectives
- Get feedback on your work
- Help spread new teaching ideas
- Learn how to teach more efficiently and effectively
- Get a travel grant to attend ASEE
- Summer School!
- Get to know a great community of people
Call for Papers
The call for papers for the 2023 Annual Conference Chemical Engineering Division is LIVE!
- Abstract Submission Opens: Monday, October 3, 2022
- Abstract Submission Closes: Wednesday, November 30, 2022
Call for Awards
- Young / Future Faculty Mentoring & Travel Grant: October 31
- “Engineering Education” Mentoring Grant: Last day of February
- All other ChED Awards: January 15
Thanks for scrolling all the way down here! Here’s a little bit of fun: The Reynold’s Number Song by Peter Harriott.