Skip to content
Skip to main menu
- Advises Chairman and Executive Board about the financial status of the Division informally on a continuing basis, and formally at the two Executive Committee meetings each year.
- Provides input to the Financial Report Summary for the previous year, as well as help in planning the Budget Request to Headquarters for the coming year if needed.
- Receives and verifies Banking and Accounting Services System (BASS) records from ASEE Business Manager.
- Authorizes disbursements of Divisional Funding, with consent of Chairman of Division.
- Provides a written record of all of the Executive Committee Meetings of the Division to all members of that committee, and publishes minutes of the Division Meetings in the Divisional Newsletter.
- Assimilates, writes, and distributes the Divisional Newsletter twice each year (nominally in October and April). This task may be delegated to a Newsletter Chair. The Newsletter may contain such items as the following:
- Chairman’s message
- Agenda for forthcoming ASEE Meeting
- Notices relative to the ASEE/AIChE Faculty Summer School
- Notices of Awards and Honors by the Division
- Summaries of Business Meeting Minutes
- Matters relating to Chemical Engineering Education
- Ballots for Officer Election
- Ballots for Constitutional/Bylaws changes
- Other items at the Secretary/Treasurer’s discretion
- Divisional meeting minutes
- Provides aid in special mailings to the membership, such as mailing labels for summer school correspondence, constitutional changes, etc.
- Ensures that the Division website is maintained. The Chair may appoint a Webmaster to manage the website on behalf of the Division.