These are the duties of Membership Chair of the Chemical Engineering Division of ASEE. This document provides information and timelines on activities that the membership committee should follow for activities and as such should be updated by current and upcoming fundraising committee members and division leadership. It. Further information on ASEE and general society or conference programmatic issues should be obtained from ASEE Headquarters Staff.
- The Membership Committee shall consist of a Membership Committee Chair and up to two other members of the Division. The Chair of the Division shall appoint the Chair of the Membership Committee. The Fundraising Committee Chair and/or Chair shall appoint the other two committee members.
- The Division’s Membership Committee’s duties include (a) monitoring the membership of the Division, (b) sending reminder emails to members whose membership has lapsed, and (c) brainstorming, leading and executing recruitment activities.
- It is expected that at least membership drive / recruitment activity takes place each year under the leadership of the Membership Committee and its Chair.
· Additional Duties:
o Quarterly (approximately)
- Membership Chair runs a query on the most recent membership information obtained from ASEE Headquarters Staff. Send membership statistics to Division Chair. Statistics should include number members who are current, past due and lapsed. Changes from the previous report should be briefly summarized. Email reminder to members whose membership in the Division has lapsed.
- Membership Chair (voting member) and Membership Committee members (non-voting members) attend the Executive Committee Meeting held at the AIChE Annual Meeting. A report on the membership is prepared which includes statistics and activities from the past year. If unable to attend, the report is forwarded to the Division Chair who presents the report. Membership chair may prepare flyer on the CHED to distribute to those attending the AIChE Annual Meeting.
- Membership Chair (voting member) and Membership Committee members (non-voting members) attend the Executive Committee Meeting and the Business Meeting at the ASEE National Conference. A report, which includes membership statistics and recruiting activities from the past year, is prepared and presented at both meetings. If unable to attend, the report is forwarded to the Division Chair who presents the report.